Other Asias presents REDO PAKISTAN (issue 2).
REDO PAKISTAN is a nomadic art project that was launched at the Shanaakht Festival in Karachi in 2009 and toured to London, UK. After a symposium in Lahore - it subsequently become a newspaper of artists & writers proposals.
Issue 2 is a ‘DECLARATION(1) OF WAR(2) AGAINST(3) THE PRESENT(4) TIME(5)
- The formal announcement of the beginning of state or condition.
- To deal with or end a particular unpleasant or undesirable situation or condition.
- In anticipation of and preparation for a problem or difficulty.
- Expression of action now going on or habitually performed or a condition now existing.
- A distinct period of history.
Literal translation of ‘Zarb-e-Kalim’ (title of the poetry compilation by Dr. Allama Mohammad Iqbal). Published in the year 1936.
Contributors to this issue include Avaes Mohammed, Arzu Merali, Amy Budd, Imran Channa. Khurram Ali Shafique and many more.
Curated by Fatima Hussain and co-curated by Hamja Ahsan and Zahra Hussain.